Every purchasing situation is different and everyone involved in the purchase has an interest. That is why a tailored purchasing strategy is so important. When I am buying a property for a client, I believe there are 5 essential ingredients to a successful purchasing strategy.
My recipe for success is set out below:
Lauren Goudy’s Strategy Recipe
- Vendor’s situation – why are they selling and where are they going?
- Agent – what is the agents selling style and how do they wish to transact?
- Budget – What figure are you happy for someone else to purchase this property?
- Plan B – what are your other options if this doesn’t work out and how much does this property mean to you?
- Competition – how competitive are you (or will you be at auction) when considering the price guide/your budget/other buyers
Once you have considered all the key ingredients above you can then formulate the mixture for one of the following delicious outcomes in order to secure your property:
- Initiate negotiations prior to auction
- Bid at auction
- Wait for a property to pass-in and negotiate after the auction
- Present an offer on a private treaty or off-market listed property
All of the above are served best with the support and expertise of an experienced Rose & Jones Buyer’s Agent by your side!